Vacancies: Montessori Teacher
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,000.00 to £24,000.00 per year (Salary is negotiable depending on your qualifications and experience)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and reliable Montessori Teacher who are interested in joining our friendly team.
• Montessori Qualification or Early Years Education and Childcare qualification at level 3 or above
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Desirable)
• Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
• Recent experience within the past three months working as a nursery nurse and some experience of running/leading a room
• Two recent references are required; one of which must be from an educational setting
• To maintain high standards of care and consistent environments for children
• To work alongside the management team in achieving outstanding childcare
• To be flexible with regard to working hours to meet the needs of the setting
• To be motivated and able to motivate children
• To have the ability to form caring and trusting relationships with both children and families
• To ensure professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
• To have the ability to come in and take on a group of key children, ideally you will be able to complete your daily duties with little direction once you are familiar
with the routine.
• To ensure that there are suitable opportunities, activities and resources are provided for all the children.
• To lead the team and support in planning and looking at reflective practice
You will need to have extensive knowledge of the Montessori Method and the EYFS, be able to use this to plan activities that provide the children in our care the opportunity to learn and develop in a safe and happy environment.
You will need to have a good command of spoken and written English, and most importantly have a passion for working with children.
We offer a competitive salary that reflects your qualification and level of experience. We offer regular training and development that will enable you to take advantage of our promotion opportunities.
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
If you think you have got what it takes, get in touch!
We are open all year round, but will be open to discuss Term Time working (salary Pro-rated)
To arrange an interview, please contact us on tel. 02084252566 or email. email@example.com.
Does this sound like you?
You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
You must be able to laugh at jokes you don’t understand or don’t find funny.
In this job you need to be adaptable – if a child requests you pretend to be the Gruffalo or a Princess, you must have the skills to morph from one to the other.
If you need to be excused from the room to visit the toilet, pass wind, or pick your nose – you need to be comfortable telling your colleagues you are doing so.
The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
You must be able to distribute warm hugs as and when required.
Possessing the skills to quickly count the fast-moving heads of small people is vitally important.
You need to be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work with unknown substances on your clothing.
You must have a high level of comfort when talking about bodily functions. You must also possess a strong sense of smell to enable you to detect and respond to said bodily functions.
You must enjoy the taste of a pretend cup of tea.
You must have the ability to read ten pages fairy-tale, with at least 4 interruptions per page.